The Small Winemakers Showcase is a collaboration of Riverland Wine producers who are crushing less than 50 tonnes of grapes and whose operations are based in the Riverland. We work together to showcase the diversity, quality and innovation of Riverland wines by hosting a series of pop-up events and trails.
The Riverland is well known as the home of some of Australia’s famous brands, such as Banrock Station, and Angove 9 Vines, but the small producers are the hidden gems of the region. The Riverland is situated on the fertile plains along the magnificent Murray River, from Blanchetown in the west to the Victorian border in the east.
Some of the producers come from families that have farmed grapes and fruit in the Riverland for generations. Others have adopted the Riverland as their home. All the producers live and breathe wine, whether as highly skilled grape growers, or passionate winemakers. They are highly innovative, experimenting with new grape varieties and winemaking techniques, resulting in genuinely exciting wines with a distinct regional character.
The wines and the producers are gaining a reputation for the quality of their wines both within Australia and abroad.
Latest producer awards & recognition
- Whistling Kite Wines, Riverland Trustmark Pathfinder
- Whistling Kite Wines, Great Wine Capitals Sustainability Award, 2018
- 919 Wines, Finalist South Australian Export Awards 2019
- 919 Wines, Finalist Great Wine Capitals Sustainability Award 2019
- Eric Semmler, Winestate Magazine Australian Winemaker of the Year 2013
- Jenny Semmler, Riverland Wine Industry Person of the Year 2019
- Eric Semmler, Riverland Wine Industry Person of the Year 2008
- 919 Wines, Riverland Trustmark Pathfinder
Link to Riverland Wine medal database: https://www.riverlandwine.com.au/wine-medal-tally.html